“Invoicemart” is the brand under which A.TREDS Ltd. offers all its products and services.
It is a digital platform based on Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS), which is a system instituted by the RBI to improve cash flows to MSMEs through factoring (and reverse factoring).
Invoicemart connects buyers, their MSME sellers and financiers to enable MSMEs to receive quick payments for their invoices.
A.TREDS Ltd. is a joint venture between Axis Bank and mjunction services, which has been licensed by the RBI to operate its TReDS (Trade Receivables Discounting System) platform, under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
The objective of Invoicemart is to facilitate financing of invoices of MSMEs drawn on their buyers by way of factoring.
Suppliers categorized as MSMEs, Corporate buyers and financiers (banks / NBFC Factors) can participate on Invoicemart.
Factoring is a process which enables suppliers to reduce the payment period for their goods/services.
It does this by introducing a financier between the supplier and the corporate buyer. The financier finances the supplier against the invoice / bill of exchange raised on the corporate buyer for the goods/ services provided by the supplier.
In reverse factoring, a buyer raises an invoice, as opposed to factoring in which a seller raises the invoice on the system. The financier finances the supplier against the invoice/ bill of exchange raised on the corporate buyer for the goods / services provided by the supplier.
Yes. The platform shall facilitate receivables factoring and reverse factoring.
Yes, the platform is for MSMEs from both manufacturing and services sectors.
Traditional invoice discounting usually involves a tripartite agreement a buyer, seller and financier. Thus every buyer-seller-financier combination requires a different agreement, which is cumbersome.
- With TReDS, every participant has to sign a one-time agreement with the platform itself. Businesses, thus, can focus on carrying out the factoring transaction without worrying about the administrative complexities;
- By providing an auction based platform involving multiple financiers, TReDS ensures that the MSME sellers receive funds at the most competitive rates in the market – in other words, it enables efficient price discovery;
- TReDS offers a digital platform for factoring and reverse factoring, which makes it fast, efficient and convenient to use;
- It can be integrated with the existing ERP system of buyers / sellers, enabling automatic uploading of invoices and subsequent settlements.
Invoicemart is governed by the RBI, as per the regulatory framework put in place by the Reserve Bank of India under the Payment and settlement Systems Act 2007.
KYC documentation shall be in line with the documentation / verification done by the banks as per the existing regulatory requirements.
If you’re a corporate buyer, an MSME supplier, or a bank/NBFC factor, yes you can participate on Invoicemart.
The facility is limited to MSME sellers who are referred by their corporate buyers on boarded on Invoicemart. If you’re a financier, you must have a factoring license from the RBI. There is no restriction on buyers, but you need to have MSME suppliers.
You can register online. Alternatively, you can also download the account opening form, master agreement and relevant annexures and share the filled up form with us at the communication address of Invoicemart.
Each participant needs to execute the Master Agreement with TREDS. The key highlights of each agreement are detailed in subsequent sections. Invoicemart shall be the custodian of all master agreements.
The guest user link remains valid for 15 days. You should ensure that the form is filled up and the pre filled account opening form is generated within the given time frame.
No, you will not be able to reactivate the guest user link once it expires. You’ll have to create a new guest user profile to register yourself.
To transact on Invoicemart, you need to be registered with us as a buyer, seller or financier. You will be given an account login ID with which you will be able to sign in and transact on the platform.
The financial instrument used for trading is your invoice / set of invoices (or bill of exchange). The platform captures all necessary details of the invoice in a digital format, which converts it into a factoring unit.
It refers to an invoice / set of invoices (or bill of exchange) that has been uploaded on the platform in a digital format.
Factoring unit(s) can be created either by the MSME seller (in case of factoring) or by the buyer (in case of reverse factoring).
The factoring unit(s) has to be accepted on the platform by buyers. However, in case of reverse factoring when a buyer agrees to bear the interest, pre-accepted FUs will be uploaded by the buyer on the platform.
The FU details are shared with registered financiers for bidding.
Yes the minimum amount of creation of factoring unit is INR 25,000 (Twenty Five thousand only).
|FU creation||FU Acceptance||Bidding||Bid Acceptance (1st confirmation window)*||Bid Acceptance (2nd confirmation window)**|
|9 am||9 pm||9 am||9 pm||9 am||9 pm||9 am||4:30 pm||4:31 pm||9 pm|
- * For T+1 settlement
- ** For T+2 settlement
Invoicemart shall conduct random audits to confirm the authenticity and genuineness of transactions involving the sale of goods and services.
Invoicemart does not offer any guaranteed settlement and does not take any settlement risk. It is a platform which facilitates factoring / reverse factoring transactions.
You may incur the following costs associated with factoring / reverse factoring on Invoicemart:
- The interest cost levied by the financier, to be borne by buyer or seller, as the case may be
- The transaction charges levied by Invoicemart, borne by the party which bears the interest as well as the financier
- Invoicemart shall debit the financier’s account for net value (post deduction of the financier’s charges) and credit MSME seller’s account on on ‘T+1’/ ‘T+2’ day (‘T’ is the Bid Acceptance day) through NPCI
- Invoicemart shall send the payment information to the buyer on successful credit in seller’s account
- Invoicemart shall debit the buyer’s account for the invoice value and credit financier’s account on the due date
For the purpose of automatic settlement, Invoicemart shall obtain NACH mandates from both buyers and financiers.